Tube Phono AmplifierEA-1200
A separate (3 units), tube type LCR non-feedback phono-amplifier
that draws out the music’s reality and the artist’s passion
Ongen Publishinganalog Grand Prix Gold Award
Ongen PublishingAudio Excellence Award 2022 Gold Award
Stereo Sound PublishingStereo Sound Grand Prix Grand Prix Award
SEIBUNDO SHINKOSHA PublishingMJ Technology of the Year 2021 Analog Components Excellence Award
ONGAKU NO TOMO SHA CORP.STEREO magazineBest Buy Components 2021 Phono equalizer over ¥500,000 1st
ONGAKU NO TOMO SHA COTP. STEREO magazineBest Buy Components 2022 Phono equalizer over ¥500,000 2nd Place Classic
Product Outline and Concept
Having in mind that “analogs too have a lot more to go,” we released the world’s first 3 unit structure phono equalizer, EA-1000, in 2012 for all analog disc lovers and last year we released the phono equalizer EA-2000 that compiles all 6 structures of Phasemation’s phono amplifiers eliminating any small inexactness.
Now this year, after 9 years, we will release the new standard, EA-1200, which is the successor of EA-1000 which inherited the rich tones of the new dimension of EA-2000.
A tube type LCR non-feedback phono amplifier of independent Lch & Rch composed of 3 units.
- MC step-up transformer that is specially tuned based on the transformer containing T-1000 is built inside.
- Newly designed vacuum tube type LCR equalizer abiding to high sound quality and the independent usefulness of the left and right.
- Worked more on the countermeasures towards noises and more clean and powerful left/right (in common) power supply based on the EA-1000.
The EQ amplifier with the left and right divided independently and supported by a powerful power supply, the played sound with its high S/N ratio and high resolution delivers the highest degree of realism of the performer with an overwhelming sense of liveliness and good visibility of the performer on stage.
1. Non-feedback LCR equalizer due to tube type unit amplifiers composed with two monaural blocks
- A transformer equivalent to T-1000 is built in and all three inputs can be switched to MC or MM for balanced inputs. In addition, we adopted the BAL/UNBAL switch for countermeasures towards noises when an unbalanced connection is made on the MC.
- The non-feedback SRPP-type amplifying circuit of ECC-803S which has an excellent transient response and an outstanding reputation for sound quality plus the low impedance output cathode follower due to ECC-802S are together adopted as a unit amplifier. You can enjoy the large dynamic range and its glossy and lively sound quality that is possible only in vacuum tubes.
- The LCR type is adopted for the equalizing circuit. Power loss and inductive noise in the signal line can be minimized and sound quality deterioration can be suppressed by adopting the LCR type which can reduce the impedance of the signal system. The information obtained is outputted from the last stage without any losses by adopting large coils, high quality film capacitors, and so forth.
- Three types of equalizer curve switches are installed. The RIAA for stereo, Mono 1 (for use with DECCA label and so forth) and Mono 2 (for use with Columbia label and so forth) can be selected. Mono1 and Mono2 are for monaural use only. This enables a higher fidelity playback for both the DECCA and Columbia labels.
2. Power supply with direct heat rectifier tubes 5U4G composed of a monaural block using a high-capacity R-core transformer.
For the rectification circuit, an R-core power transformer with excessive capacity is used and a rich rectification circuit is used for each independent left and right power supplies by using two choke coils and rectifier tubes (5U4G) which in principle do not generate switching noises. Furthermore, the power supply transformer and choke coils are magnetically shielded to provide a cleaner and stronger power to the amplifier. In addition, a 3-terminal regulator DC ignition system is used for the heater power supply of the amplifier achieving a high S/N ratio.
3. Ensuring the quality
A 10mm-thick aluminum slant front panel pursuing the elegant design of EA-2000, a 1.6mm-thick copper-plated steel plate chassis base, and a 2mm-thick aluminum cover with a magnetic shield are used to ensure rigidity and reduce magnetic distortion.
The foot is equipped with heavy metal insulators to isolate external vibrations.
The RCA terminals are made by Flutech, renowned for their high quality and high sound quality, and the XLR terminals are plated by Neutrik to aim for total balance in the sound quality.
The highly universal and elegant polishing does not abandon the pleasure for owning this
||Tube Type LCR Non-Feedback Phono Amplifier
|Suitable Cartridge Output Impedance
||47kΩ or less
||1.5 to 40Ω
|Input Conversion S/N Ratio
|Rated Output Voltage
|Rear Curve Tolerance
||±0.5dB (20 to 20kHz)
||43W (100VAC 50 to 60Hz) for each ch
Amplifier 210(W) x 93(H) x 365(D) x2
Power Supply 210(W) x 93(H) x 346 (D) x1
||Amplifier 4kg x2、Power Supply 5.8kg
*Caution: For the EA-1200T input, the XLR or RCA, only one can be used for the input. If the two are used at the same time, it can be the cause of malfunctions